03 December 2007

TV Derail

TV derails fishing trip Larry Munson


By Marc Weiszer | Staff Writer | Story updated at 11:44 PM on Wednesday,


So much for Larry Munson’s long-time plans to fish and listen to Georgia’s football broadcast for his first game away from the Bulldogs radio booth since 1990.


The 7:45 p.m. kickoff time set for Saturday’s Georgia-Alabama game for the ESPN broadcast has the longtime Bulldogs radio voice scrambling for a Plan B for what will be just the second game that he won’t be behind the microphone in his 42 years at Georgia.


"The fishing is probably going to have to go away and I’m not so much sure now exactly what I’m going to do," said Munson, who turns 85 later this month. "Because of the night time angle, I think the fishing angle has been shot right out of the saddle."


Because of Munson’s declining health, Scott Howard will take over the play-by-play for Munson and former Georgia quarterback Eric Zeier be the color commentator for four road games. Munson has been asked to call in to the radio broadcast but his plans beyond that are sketchy.


"I’ll be in the state of Georgia," Munson said Wednesday.


"Now I have no idea what I’m going to do. I have no idea how I’m going to handle Saturday. I really don’t."



Published in the Athens Banner-Herald on 092007

Click here to return to story:
http://www.onlineathens.com/stories/092007/football_20070920054.shtml

No comments: